Family Law & Divorce Attorneys
Serving clients for 26 years throughout Maryland
James E.Crawford Jr. established this law firm in 1993 believing that a boutique firm is better able to provide the personalized attention clients need and deserve. Since then, the firm has grown into a premier Divorce and Family law group that has helped thousands of people throughout the state of Maryland resolve certain legal matters.
We are a Compassionate & Competent Divorce & Family Legal Team
Our formula for success is simple: provide clients with straightforward, compassionate, and competent representation, allowing the firm to excel on its own merits. The measure of this success can be seen in the stream of referrals James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates receive from former clients who were pleased with our representation.
Our stellar reputation has been built on the combination of empathy, skill and the outstanding working knowledge we have of the Maryland court system. We recognize that divorce and other family law matters present emotional and financial obstacles for each person & family. Our compassion and dedication is surpassed by no one!
Dedicated to Representing Our Clients’ Interests
- We've been in business handling family law and divorce cases for close to 27 years.
- We've handled thousands of cases divorce and family law matters.
- We've been in nearly every courtroom in the state.
- We are dedicated to representing our client’s best interests. We are empathetic toward our clients but we do not hesitate to work aggressively against the opposition if we believe it is in the client’s best interest. Our goal is to zealously represent you and achieve the best possible outcome.
- Whether your case requires vigorous negotiation, mediation, or assertive representation at trial, our Maryland family law attorneys have the legal knowledge and courtroom experience to protect you and your interests.
What You Need to Know & Do
Call us as soon as possible at 443-709-9999 to set up a time to discuss your matter. The first step is picking up the phone. Many times situations can be fixed and improved with simple straightforward effort.
An attorneys negotiation skills and compassion matter in divorce and family law - the two areas of practice we focus our time and energy into. It's our job to handle your divorce or related family law matter with the utmost skill and compassion.
Other Types of Family Law Cases we handle
The family law attorneys at James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates represent clients in Baltimore & throughout Maryland in a wide range of family law cases including:
- uncontested and contested divorce actions;
- paternity actions;
- alimony and alimony pendente lite;
- child support pendente lite and child support hearings;
- child custody hearings;
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial and separation agreements;
- preliminary or pendente lite possession or use of the family home or family use of personal property;
- pendente lite custody of or visitation with children or modification of an existing order or judgment as to custody or visitation;
- contempt hearings following service of a show cause order upon the person alleged to be in contempt in child access disputes, the payment of alimony or support, or the possession or use of the family home;
- Modification of an existing order or judgment.
- Violation of Protective Orders
A Pledge from Jim Crawford:
When I starting practicing law I believed it was an absolute privilege to help people in their time of need. I still believe that with all my heart. I require all the lawyers who work in this firm to buy into one basic belief. That belief is, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH YOUR TIME OF NEED. My pledge is a simple as that. We will do everything in our power to represent you in an ethical, forceful, and proper manner. If you ever need to discuss any issue with me my door is always open and I will listen to your concerns.
-James E Crawford Jr.
Call Us to Discuss your Situation 24/7!
Call the attorneys at James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates at 443-709-9999, or use our online form to speak to the experienced family law and divorce attorneys for the city and county of Baltimore. The attorneys at James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates have helped countless individuals and families throughout the State of Maryland. Let us help you.
This article was last updated on January 19, 2017