Associate Attorney – Domestic/Civil Litigation
Baltimore, MD Office
We are seeking to add an Associate Attorney to our rapidly expanding practice. You will be directly involved in all aspects of the practice of family law supporting our clients in areas including, but not limited to, divorce proceedings, adoptions, prenuptial agreements, visitation rights, protective orders and custody filings. This includes working alongside and learning from our senior attorneys and support staff as well as partaking in a rigorous learning and development program to shape your skills and acumen.
- Billing at least 34.6 hours per week (approximately 1800 hrs/annually)
- Selling firm services to prospective clients for at least 5 hours per week
- Managing your client collection rate ensuring it remains above 75% on a weekly basis
- Working with the in-house financial team to forecast client billings on a weekly basis
- Providing representation of clients in court and through legal proceedings
- Mentoring and developing assigned Jr. Associates and legal support team
- Participating in JC Law’s Perfect Client Lifecycle development program
- Managing a regular schedule of hearings and court appearances
- Advising JC Law staff on legal matters and interpretation of laws and statutes
We believe results count for more than years of experience. If you prove to be capable of delivering value for your clients and the firm, there is no restriction on how high or how fast you can rise.
- Licensed to practice law in Maryland (a plus if you are barred in other states we have offices)
- Experience litigating domestic and civil cases preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication ability with the ability to influence and persuade
- Superior work ethic with a desire to succeed and build a life-long career in the legal profession
- Organized – able to effectively manage time and multi-task competing priorities
- Knowledgeable in family law areas including childcare, paternity, adoption, domestic violence, ancillary relief, financial settlements, and willing to continue growing your knowledge base
- Adept at drafting custody agreements, wills, divorces, annulments, pre-nuptial agreements, child custody/support, visitation rights, and willing to expand your competency in same
What we offer:
We understand that the talent market is competitive. We want candidates to see us as the employer of choice based on our value proposition composed of compensation, resources, and benefits.
- Base salary range for this role is $90,000-$105,000 annually (commensurate with ability)
- Potential to earn annual bonus and weekly commissions in addition to base salary
- Opportunity to achieve Partnership in as little as 5 years depending on value creation
- Periodic compensation reviews & subsequent pay raises when deliverables are met
- Rapid promotability for motivated employees to advance and take on more responsibility
- Each attorney has a dedicated support team of paralegals, clerks, and discovery specialists
- Every attorney partakes in an education & training curriculum that exceeds industry standards
- Consistent new client flow via an in-house sales & marketing team to support billable hours
- In-office Moot Courtroom and instruction designed to enhance your advocacy & litigation skills
- Full medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans including an HSA option
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for individual employees
- 401K retirement plan with employer match and Profit Sharing plan
- 2 weeks PTO and sick time, with the ability to roll over unused PTO from year to year
- Flexibility to work remotely 1 day per week after 90 days
- Perks including gym membership rebate, weekly paid lunches, monthly happy hours and more!
EEOP Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position.