Jennifer L. Kafes
Location : Linthicum Heights, MD
After over 21 years in the practice of law, Jennifer Kafes, Esq. joined the JC Law team as an Associate Attorney in our Criminal Department. She has tried countless cases, including as an Assistant State's Attorney for Baltimore City and Harford County, and in private defense practice. Jennifer's experience as both prosecutor and defense attorney enables her to provide the best level of representation to our clients.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in English in 1995 and the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2001. After graduation, she clerked for the Honorable Stephen M. Waldron on the Circuit Court of Harford County.
Jennifer is barred both Federally and in the state of Maryland. She has one daughter and two adorable grandchildren.
- Criminal Defense
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. – 2001
- Law Journal: Journal of Environmental Law, Manuscripts Editor
- University of Maryland College Park, College Park, Maryland
- Major: English
- Maryland, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2002
- Member of the Attorney Grievance Commission Peer Review Committee - 2008 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Harford County State's Attorney's Office, Assistant State's Attorney, 2017 to 2021
- Maryland Office of the Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 2006 to 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Harford County Mock Trial Coach - Edgewood High School, 2018 to 2020