Mark E. Sobel Esq.
Location : Linthicum Heights, MD
Mark E. Sobel is the manager & senior litigator in the criminal department at the Law Offices of James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates, LLC.
Mark began his career in a small law firm practicing litigation in New York City and the surrounding area. After several years of navigating the New York courthouses, Mark and his family relocated to Baltimore to begin working at the Law Offices of James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates, LLC. Mark started as an associate at JC Law focusing on criminal defense work. He quickly worked his way up to his current title of a senior litigator and criminal department manager.
Mark has spent nearly every day over the past decade in the courtroom representing clients in their time of need. He enjoys a stellar reputation with the prosecutors and judges in virtually every courthouse in the State of Maryland, and the federal courts.
Mark has found his niche in trying felony sex offenses and other matters in the Circuit Court. He diligently and aggressively guides his clients through the state & federal court systems on some of the most severe criminal charges.
Whether you are charged with a traffic offense in the District Court or a serious sexual offense in the Circuit Court or Federal Courts, Mark has the knowledge and grit to vigorously argue your case before a judge or jury.
• The client confessed to 1st degree rape and was facing life in prison. Mark carefully reviewed the body cam video and uncovered that the police violated the client's 4th Amendment rights. An aggressive pretrial motion to suppress the confession led the State to offer reduced charges resulting in a time served disposition.
• The client faced decades in prison for an alleged sexual abuse of a minor which the client vehemently denied. On the 3rd trial, Mark persuaded twelve jurors that the client was not guilty and obtained a full acquittal.
• The client was charged with the rape of a young family member. He maintained his innocence and we prepared for a jury trial. Mark's readiness and extensive pretrial work ultimately persuaded the State's Attorney's Office to offer a STET.
- Criminal Defense
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2009
- Touro College, B.S., 2006
- Maryland, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2016
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2010
Current Employment Position
- Manager & Senior Litigator
Classes & Seminars
- Juvenile Justice System and Recent Legislative Changes, Trial Reporter (Maryland Association for Justice), Summer 2019.
- Juvenile Justice System and Recent Legislative Changes, Trial Reporter (Maryland Association for Justice), Summer 2019