We Are a Compassionate & Competent Divorce And Family Law Legal Team
Our formula for success is simple: provide clients with straightforward, compassionate and competent representation, allowing the firm to excel on its own merits. The measure of this success can be seen in the stream of referrals The Law Office of James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates, LLC, receives from former clients who were pleased with our representation.
Our stellar reputation has been built on the combination of empathy, skill and the outstanding working knowledge we have of the Maryland court system. We recognize that divorce and other family law matters present emotional and financial obstacles for each person and family. Our compassion and dedication are surpassed by no one!
What You Need To Know And Do
Call us as soon as possible at 443-971-8884 to set up a time to discuss your matter. The first step is picking up the phone. Or schedule a meeting via our calendar. Many times situations can be fixed and improved with simple straightforward effort.
An attorney’s negotiation skills and compassion matter in divorce and family law – the two areas of practice we focus our time and energy on. It’s our job to handle your divorce or related family law matter with the utmost skill and compassion.
Types Of Family Law Cases We Handle
The family law attorneys at The Law Office of James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates, LLC, represent clients in Baltimore and throughout Maryland in a wide range of family law cases including:
- Divorce: We provide representation or both uncontested and contested divorce These cases often involve intense negotiation and attention to detail.
- Paternity actions: Whether you want to secure your rights as a parent or pursue a biological parent for child support, we can help
- Annulment: Annulment is the legal dissolution of a marriage as if it never existed. This is a complex process and only possible for
- Alimony: We assist clients in alimony negotiations. We have worked with clients who pay and those who receive and understand how to build a case for your needs.
- Child support: The settlement of child support is a highly contentious part of a divorce. We work hard to help resolve these questions.
- Child custody hearings: All parents wish they had more time with their kids after a divorce.
- Prenuptial agreements: Prenups help give both sides in a marriage some security for the future and settle important questions.
- Separation agreements: Separation is a necessary, but sometimes complex, step to divorce in Maryland.
- Modification: Your divorce decrees are not set in stone. We can help you pursue the changes you need.
- Violation of protective orders: When parties ignore or violate protective orders, the court initiates a contempt hearing to address it. We can help.
- Domestic violence: These are serious matters that require careful representation and strength.
- Property issues: We help clients pursue property division matters or usage of family home needs.
- Grandparent rights: Grandparents often feel left behind when it comes to their grandchildren. These are complex cases, but we can assist you.
- Relocation & move-aways: Relocation of children is always a difficult matter after a divorce. It can vastly change the custody situation and requires skilled legal attention.
- Same sex marriage issues: Legally, the LGBTQ+ community has all the same rights as anyone else in marriage and divorce. In practice, things can be more complicated.
- False allegations divorce issues: A divorce proceeding requires honesty from all participants, but false narratives muddy the waters.
- Military divorce: Divorce involving military members has many complications that other divorce matters do not.
- High asset divorces: High-asset divorce is more challenging because property division is highly complicated when that property represents significant wealth.
A Pledge From Jim Crawford
“When I started practicing law, I believed it was an absolute privilege to help people in their time of need. I still believe that with all my heart. I require all the lawyers who work in this firm to buy into one basic belief. That belief is, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH YOUR TIME OF NEED. My pledge is as simple as that. We will do everything in our power to represent you in an ethical, forceful and proper manner. If you ever need to discuss any issue with me my door is always open and I will listen to your concerns.”
– The Law Office of James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates, LLC
Dedicated To You And Your Family
We’ve handled thousands of divorce and family law matters over the last 30 years. We are dedicated, empathetic and do not hesitate to work aggressively for you. Our goal is to zealously represent you and only you.
Whether your case requires vigorous negotiation, mediation or assertive representation at trial, our attorneys have the legal knowledge and courtroom experience to protect you and your interests. Contact us at 443-971-8884 or send us an email to get in touch.