Legal Assistant/Paralegal – Domestic/Family/Civil Litigation
King of Prussia, PA Office
We are seeking to add a Legal Assistant to our rapidly expanding practice. You will be directly involved in supporting a team of attorneys ranging from junior associates up to and including our Vice Presidents. This role is a critical component of the legal team that supports our clients face-to-face. It is expected that you will bring to the team a sterling level of client service, steadfast reliability and professional decorum. This is an ideal role for someone looking to build a long professional career in the legal services as you will receive continual learning and development in the role throughout your time with the firm.
- Billing at least 23 hours per week (approximately 1200 hrs/annually)
- Assisting attorneys by drafting & reviewing legal documents and prep for court appearances
- Assisting attorneys with client interactions to include case updates and billing management
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
- Participating in JC Law’s Perfect Client Lifecycle development program
- Managing a regular schedule of hearings and court appearances for both you and your attys
- Navigating the discovery process including drafting, responding, organizing & administering
- Regular communication with clients regarding updates to their case
We believe results count for more than years of experience. If you prove to be capable of delivering value for your clients and the firm, there is no restriction on how high or how fast you can rise.
- Prior experience as a paralegal supporting attorneys in a fast paced environment
- Previous exposure to family or criminal law preferred but not needed
- Detail oriented – able to deliver an accurate work product regardless of outside distractions
- Organized & reliable – able to effectively manage time and multi-task competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal & communication ability with the ability to influence and persuade
- Superior work ethic with a desire to succeed and build a life-long career in the legal profession
What we offer:
We understand that the talent market is competitive. We want candidates to see us as the employer of choice based on our value proposition composed of compensation, resources, and benefits.
- Base salary range for this role is $50,000-$80,000 annually (commensurate with ability)
- Potential to earn an annual bonus based on performance and contributions to the firm
- Periodic compensation reviews & subsequent pay raises when deliverables are met
- Rapid promotability for motivated employees to advance and take on more responsibility
- Every employee partakes in an education & training curriculum that exceeds industry standards
- Dedicated attorney assignment to help build a meaningful, long-term working relationship
- Weekly paid lunches, break room snacks, and employer sponsored happy hours/fun events
- Full medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans including an HSA option
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for individual employees
- 401K retirement plan with employer match and Profit Sharing plan
- 2 weeks PTO and sick time, with the ability to roll over unused PTO from year to year
- Flexibility to work remotely 1 day per week after 90 days
- Perks including onsite fitness center and restaurant, employee activity clubs and more!
EEOP Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position.