At JC Law, we help Maryland families form the best futures for themselves and their children through the legal system.
And, the services your family needs may vary as your case’s story unfolds, from divorce and child-related services to protective orders and settlement agreements.
We will stand with you through it all, doing whatever is necessary to make sure your case closes with a happy ending – and a bright new beginning.
The best hands down. Very professional from the office to the woman at the front desk. Very knowledgeable and understanding. If you need any kind of legal help don't hesitate to contact The James E Crawford office. The best in Maryland.
We are a Compassionate & Competent Divorce & Family Legal Team
Our formula for success is simple: provide clients with straightforward, compassionate, and competent representation, allowing the firm to excel on its own merits. The measure of this success can be seen in the stream of referrals James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates receive from former clients who were pleased with our representation.
Our stellar reputation has been built on the combination of empathy, skill and the outstanding working knowledge we have of the Maryland court system. We recognize that divorce and other family law matters present emotional and financial obstacles for each person & family. Our compassion and dedication is surpassed by no one!
Dedicated to Representing Our Clients’ Interests
- We've been in business handling family law and divorce matters for over 30 years.
- We've handled thousands of divorce and family law matters.
- We've been in nearly every courtroom in the state.
- We are dedicated to representing our client’s best interests. We are empathetic toward our clients but we do not hesitate to work aggressively against the opposition if we believe it is in the client’s best interest. Our goal is to zealously represent you and achieve the best possible outcome.
- Whether your case requires vigorous negotiation, mediation, or assertive representation at trial, our Maryland family law attorneys have the legal knowledge and courtroom experience to protect you and your interests.
What You Need to Know & Do
Call us as soon as possible at 443-578-3395 to set up a time to discuss your matter. The first step is picking up the phone. or schedule a meeting via our calendar. Many times situations can be fixed and improved with simple straightforward effort.
An attorney's negotiation skills and compassion matter in divorce and family law - the two areas of practice we focus our time and energy into. It's our job to handle your divorce or related family law matter with the utmost skill and compassion.
Other Types of Family Law Cases we handle
The family law attorneys at James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates represent clients in Baltimore & throughout Maryland in a wide range of family law cases including:
- Uncontested and contested divorce actions;
- Paternity actions;
- Alimony and alimony pendente lite;
- Child support pendente lite and child support hearings;
- Child custody hearings;
- Drafting and negotiating prenuptial and separation agreements;
- Preliminary or pendente lite possession or use of the family home or family use of personal property;
- Pendente lite custody of or visitation with children or modification of an existing order or judgment as to custody or visitation;
- Contempt hearings following service of a show-cause order upon the person alleged to be in contempt in child access disputes, the payment of alimony or support, or the possession or use of the family home;
- Modification of an existing order or judgment.
- Violation of Protective Orders
- Domestic Violence
- Property Issues
- Grandparent Rights
- Relocation & move-aways
- Same sex marriage issues
- False allegations divorce issues
- Military Divorce
- Custody visatation
- High asset divorces
A Pledge from Jim Crawford:
When I started practicing law I believed it was an absolute privilege to help people in their time of need. I still believe that with all my heart. I require all the lawyers who work in this firm to buy into one basic belief. That belief is, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH YOUR TIME OF NEED. My pledge is a simple as that. We will do everything in our power to represent you in an ethical, forceful, and proper manner. If you ever need to discuss any issue with me my door is always open and I will listen to your concerns.
-James E Crawford Jr.
I Need Help...
Your Legal Team
Clients looking for a dedicated, hard-working, thorough, and tough advocate that offers personalized attention for their unique case should ask for Florian. When Flo handles your case, expect professional, responsive, and proactive representation that gets results.
Domestic Partner and Senior Litigator
For your domestic case, the buck stops with Zack Groves. Zack's priority is to maintain your family and quality of life, no matter what your case entails, with individualized representation.
Timothy's current clients on domestic litigation leverage his nearly 20 years' experience litigating in state, federal, and administrative courts throughout Maryland. Work with Timothy if you want a legal ally who can truly connect with you and your case to achieve your desired outcome.
With a legal focus on domestic cases and a background in criminal defense, Abbey is determined to see justice done for individuals in their time of greatest need, fueled by her passion for thoughtful, mission-oriented preparation. With Abbey at your side, know that your case will be handled with the attention and respect it deserves.
James E. Crawford
Founding Partner and Senior Litigator
Jim believes that the power to change the life of even one client is worth more than any amount of money or prestige. That's why he's spent just about every day of his working career in a Maryland courtroom, giving clients their opportunity for justice.
I need help with…
Getting the right lawyer is easy.
Consult With An Attorney
Every case deserves the personal attention of a licensed legal professional. That’s why we offer a free initial consultation to any Marylander who needs it.
Develop Your Legal Strategy
During your initial conversation, your consulting attorney will offer suggestions and advice concerning your specific situation and desired outcomes.
Move Forward With Confidence
Once you retain James Crawford Law, you’ll have the entire Firm team at your disposal to fight for your side of the story. Our first priority will be the success of your case.