Serving clients for 30 years throughout Maryland
James E.Crawford Jr. established this law firm in 1992 believing that a boutique firm is better able to provide the personalized attention clients need and deserve. Since then, the firm has grown into a premier Divorce and Family law group that has helped thousands of people throughout the state of Maryland resolve their divorce and family law matters.
We are a Compassionate Divorce & Family Legal Team
Our formula for success is simple: provide clients with straightforward, compassionate, and competent representation, allowing the firm to excel on its own merits. The measure of this success can be seen in the stream of referrals James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates receive from former clients who were pleased with our representation.
Our stellar reputation has been built on the combination of empathy, skill, and the outstanding working knowledge we have of the Maryland court system. We recognize that divorce and other family law matters present emotional and financial obstacles for each person & family. Our compassion and dedication are surpassed by no one!
Dedicated to Representing Our Clients’ Interests
- We've been in business handling family law and divorce cases for close to 27 years.
- We've handled thousands of cases of divorce and family law matters.
- We've been in nearly every courtroom in the state.
- We are dedicated to representing our client’s best interests. We are empathetic toward our clients, but we do not hesitate to work aggressively against the opposition if we believe it is in the client’s best interest. Our goal is to zealously represent you and achieve the best possible outcome.
- Whether your case requires vigorous negotiation, mediation, or assertive representation at trial, our Maryland family law attorneys have the legal knowledge and courtroom experience to protect you and your interests.
What You Need to Know & Do
Contact us at 443-578-3395, schedule a consult on the calendar or email us to set up a time to discuss your matter. The first step is picking up the phone. Many times situations can be fixed and improved with simple straightforward effort.
An attorney’s negotiation skills and compassion matter in divorce and family law - the two areas of practice we focus our time and energy on. It's our job to handle your divorce or related family law matter with the utmost skill and compassion.
Other Types of Family Law Cases we handle
The family law attorneys at James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates represent clients throughout Maryland in a wide range of family law cases including:
- uncontested and contested divorce actions;
- Alimony & Property issues
- paternity actions;
- alimony and alimony pendente lite;
- child support pendente lite and child support hearings;
- child custody hearings;
- drafting and negotiating prenuptial and separation agreements;
- preliminary or pendente lite possession or use of the family home or family use of personal property;
- pendente lite custody of or visitation with children or modification of an existing order or judgment as to custody or visitation;
- contempt hearings following service of a show cause order upon the person alleged to be in contempt in child access disputes, the payment of alimony or support, or the possession or use of the family home;
- Modification of an existing order or judgment.
- Protective Orders
- Violation of Protective Orders
- Domestic violence
I Need Help...
A Pledge from Jim Crawford
When I started practicing law, I believed it was an absolute privilege to help people in their time of need. I still believe that with all my heart. I require all the lawyers who work in this firm to buy into one basic belief. That belief is, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH YOUR TIME OF NEED. My pledge is as simple as that. We will do everything in our power to represent you in an ethical, forceful, and proper manner. If you ever need to discuss any issue with me my door is always open and I will listen to your concerns.
-James E Crawford Jr.
I need help with…
Getting the right lawyer is easy.
Consult With An Attorney
Every case deserves the personal attention of a licensed legal professional. That’s why we offer a free initial consultation to any Marylander who needs it.
Develop Your Legal Strategy
During your initial conversation, your consulting attorney will offer suggestions and advice concerning your specific situation and desired outcomes.
Move Forward With Confidence
Once you retain James Crawford Law, you’ll have the entire Firm team at your disposal to fight for your side of the story. Our first priority will be the success of your case.
Get Help Today
Move on to the next phase of your family’s “new normal” through our quick and painless divorce services that fight for your best interests.
“Mr. Groves is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in Domestic Law. He was wonderful at advocating for me in court and seeking what is in my best interest during what is a stressful and difficult chapter in life.”
Your Legal Team
Clients looking for a dedicated, hard-working, thorough, and tough advocate that offers personalized attention for their unique case should ask for Florian. When Flo handles your case, expect professional, responsive, and proactive representation that gets results.
Domestic Partner and Senior Litigator
For your domestic case, the buck stops with Zack Groves. Zack's priority is to maintain your family and quality of life, no matter what your case entails, with individualized representation.
Timothy's current clients on domestic litigation leverage his nearly 20 years' experience litigating in state, federal, and administrative courts throughout Maryland. Work with Timothy if you want a legal ally who can truly connect with you and your case to achieve your desired outcome.
With a legal focus on domestic cases and a background in criminal defense, Abbey is determined to see justice done for individuals in their time of greatest need, fueled by her passion for thoughtful, mission-oriented preparation. With Abbey at your side, know that your case will be handled with the attention and respect it deserves.
James E. Crawford
Founding Partner and Senior Litigator
Jim believes that the power to change the life of even one client is worth more than any amount of money or prestige. That's why he's spent just about every day of his working career in a Maryland courtroom, giving clients their opportunity for justice.