Full-time Law Clerk – Domestic/Family/Civil Litigation Baltimore, MD
JC Law is the largest family law practice in the state of Maryland with additional offices throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Established in 1992, the firm has grown in both size and capability into its current leadership position amongst some of the nation’s top family law firms.
We are in the business of perfecting the art of practicing law. Our unique approach to litigation, client relationships, and business management is fully encapsulated in what we call The Perfect Client Lifecycle. This ethos is the philosophical foundation of what we strive to do as well as the operational roadmap that guides how we practice law on a daily basis.
We are rapidly expanding our footprint. Our success over previous years has created an unprecedented opportunity to grow our firm in terms of employees, clients served, and geographic influence. We are amid a multi-year, multi-state, and multi-city growth plan. Talent will be the fuel that powers this rapid expansion across the region as we launch multiple new offices over the coming years.
We are Entrepreneurial Litigators. Our experienced leadership team, talented workforce of legal professionals, and our unique approach to the business of law have established our reputation as a best-in-class family, civil and criminal litigation firm. This is where litigators learn to be litigators.
We compete for talent! We know the talent we are seeking to hire have options and are discerning about where they choose to work. We strive to be the employer of choice for top talent in the family, civil and criminal arenas. Our approach to attracting the best lawyers and supporting staff is simple: Provide a strongly competitive compensation package, and pair it with a benefits package to take care of your health and retirement needs. We also provide accelerated advancement and development opportunities all while providing you with a network of support to do your best work and achieve your career goals.
We are seeking to add a Full-time Law Clerk to our rapidly expanding practice. You will be directly involved in all aspects of the practice of family law supporting our clients in areas including, but not limited to, divorce proceedings, adoptions, prenuptial agreements, visitation rights, protective orders, and custody filings. This includes working alongside and learning from our senior attorneys and support staff as well as partaking in a rigorous learning and development program to shape your skills and acumen. Successful candidates will complete their clerkship with a resume of case management and practical knowledge that surpasses that offered by any other regional firm and may also be offered an opportunity to continue their journey with JC Law as a barred Junior Associate.
- Billing at least 26 hours per 40-hour work week throughout your clerkship
- Participating in JC Law’s Perfect Client Lifecycle development program
- Assisting legal teams with case execution, client management, and legal research
- Shadowing attorneys with a regular schedule of hearings and court appearances
- Drafting various memos, motions, and legal documents for your assigned legal team
- Engaging with and building a network of firm, court, and legal industry contacts
We believe results count for more than years of experience. If you prove to be capable of delivering value for your clients and the firm, there is no restriction on how high or how fast you can rise.
- Current or recent graduate of an accredited Law School (top 25 quartile preferred)
- Desire to learn and refine skills as a litigator (family/civil law preferred)
- Highest ownership mentality – willing to manage a caseload under attorney supervision
- Strong interpersonal & communication ability with the ability to influence and persuade
- Superior work ethic with a desire to succeed and build a life-long career in the legal profession
- Organized – able to effectively manage time and multi-task competing priorities
- Adept at drafting custody agreements, wills, divorces, annulments, pre-nuptial agreements, child custody/support, and visitation rights, ready and willing to expand your competency
What we offer:
We understand that the talent market is competitive. We want candidates to see us as the employer of choice based on our value proposition composed of compensation, resources, and benefits.
- Base compensation for this position is $22/Hour If offered a full-time Jr. Associate position:
- Starting base salary of $70,000-$95,000 annually (commensurate with ability)
- Potential to earn annual bonus and weekly commissions in addition to base salary
- Opportunity to achieve Partnership in as little as 5 years depending on value creation
- Periodic compensation reviews & subsequent pay raises when deliverables are met
- Rapid promotability for motivated employees to advance and take on more responsibility
- In-office Moot Courtroom and instruction designed to enhance your advocacy & litigation skills
- Ample opportunity to shadow seasoned attorneys in trial and office settings
- Every clerk partakes in an education & training curriculum that exceeds industry standards
- Full medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans including an HSA option
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for individual employees
- 401K retirement plan with employer profit-sharing contribution
- 2 weeks PTO and sick time, with the ability to roll over unused PTO from year to year
- Flexibility to work remotely 1 day per week after 90 days
- Perks including gym reimbursement, weekly paid lunches, monthly happy hours, and more!
EEOP Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position.