Employment Law Representation In Maryland
Jobs are vital for most individuals’ and families’ well-being. When employment relationships are at risk, so are livelihoods, dignity and the very fabric of society.
At JC Law, you will find the information and guidance that you need to tackle employment law challenges. We are prepared to be your ally in any situation involving your work, including:
- Wage and hour violations
- Wrongful denial of benefits
- Illegal discrimination or retaliation
- Sexual harassment or abuse
- Wrongful termination or threats of being fired for illegal reasons
Our attorneys can advise you on how to right wrongs such as these. We are ready to be your ally, and we have the strength to fight.
Know Your Rights: Protection From Discrimination And More
Both state and federal laws protect you from the effects of discrimination on the basis of:
- Race, religion or national origin
- Sex, gender, gender expression or sexual orientation
- Marital, family or veteran status
- Age (over 40)
These and other employment rights rest on the foundation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at the federal level and subsequent amendments. Maryland’s similar legal protections against employment discrimination can be found in State Government Article, §20-602, Annotated Code of Maryland.
Other employment laws protect workers from:
- Sexual harassment on the job
- Retaliation for whistleblowing
- Retaliation for reporting discrimination or harassment
- Retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Retaliation for asserting legal rights to family and medical leave
Being fired for any such reasons may be considered wrongful termination. We can help you avoid wrongful termination or pursue compensation if it has already happened to you.
Don’t Be Left In The Dark About Your Available Employment Law Remedies
If you would like an overview of your rights as an employee, explore the resources already available to you with our help. On the other hand, if you believe you have experienced injustice at work, put your mind at ease. Talk with an employment law attorney at JC Law who can help you develop a strategy for overcoming the obstacles you have encountered. You may be able to take legal action to improve your outcome.