JC Law is the largest family law practice in the state of Maryland with additional offices throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Established in 1992, the firm has grown in both size and capability into its current leadership position amongst some of the nation’s top family law firms.
We are in the business of perfecting the art of practicing law. Our unique approach to litigation, client relationships, and business management is fully encapsulated in what we call The Perfect Client Lifecycle. This ethos is the philosophical foundation of what we strive to do as well as the operational roadmap that guides how we practice law on a daily basis.
We are rapidly expanding our footprint. Our success over previous years has created an unprecedented opportunity to grow our firm in terms of employees, clients served, and geographic influence. We are in the midst of a multi-year, multi-state, and multi-city growth plan. Talent will be the fuel that powers this rapid expansion across the region as we launch multiple new offices over the coming years.
We are Entrepreneurial Litigators. Our experienced leadership team, a talented workforce of legal professionals, and our unique approach to the business of law have established our reputation as a best-in-class family, civil, and criminal litigation firm. This is where litigators learn to be litigators.
We compete for talent! We know the talent we are seeking to hire have options and are discerning about where they choose to work. We strive to be the employer of choice for top talent in the family, civil and criminal arenas. Our approach to attracting the best lawyers and supporting staff is simple: Provide a strongly competitive compensation package, pair it with a benefits package to take care of your health and retirement needs, provide accelerated advancement and development opportunities all while providing you a network of support to do your best work and achieve your career goals.
We are seeking to add a Sales Attorney to join our rapidly expanding practice. You will be responsible for interacting with potential new clients via phone and simultaneously educating them on their legal issues and how our firm can service their needs and deliver a remedy to the issue. This role requires both legal acumen and deep people skills in order to provide adequate counsel and support for a diverse group of clients across family, civil and criminal matters.
- Engaging potential new client sales calls 40+ hours per week including some nights/weekends
- Securing an average of 25-30 new matters per month
- Provide a balanced proposition of sound legal advice with professional salesmanship
- Selling firm services to prospective clients with a white glove level of customer service
- Following up with potential clients as needed to book their business or answer questions
- Manage input of new client data into our CMS (Hubspot)
- Attend various sales team meetings to report on sales target progress
We believe results count for more than years of experience. If you prove to be capable of delivering value for your clients and the firm, there is no restriction on how high or how fast you can rise.
- Licensed to practice law in Maryland (a plus if you are barred in other states we have offices)
- Previous experience selling professional services in a B2C environment
- Experience litigating domestic and civil cases preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal & communication ability with the ability to influence and persuade
- Superior work ethic with a desire to succeed and build a life-long career in the legal profession
- Organized – able to effectively manage time and multi-task competing priorities
- Knowledgeable in family law areas including childcare, paternity, adoption, domestic violence, ancillary relief, financial settlements, and willing to continue growing your knowledge base
- Bi-lingual language (Spanish) is a plus
What we offer:
We understand that the talent market is competitive. We want candidates to see us as the employer of choice based on our value proposition composed of compensation, resources, and benefits.
- Base salary range for this role is $75,000-$85,000 annually (commensurate with ability)
- Potential to earn annual bonus and weekly commissions in addition to base salary
- Periodic compensation reviews & subsequent pay raises when deliverables are met
- Rapid promotability for motivated employees to advance and take on more responsibility
- Dedicated in-house sales and marketing team to generate a consistent flow of new business leads
- An established sales training curriculum to increase your sales growth acumen
- Full medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans including an HSA option
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for individual employees
- 401K retirement plan with employer Profit Sharing contribution
- 2 weeks PTO and sick time, with the ability to roll over unused PTO from year to year
- Flexibility to work remotely 1 day per week after 90 days
- Perks including gym membership rebate, weekly paid lunches, monthly happy hours, and more!
EEOP Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties which will be required in this position.