JC Law is the largest family law practice in the state of Maryland with additional offices throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Established in 1992, the firm has grown in both size and capability into its current leadership position amongst some of the nation’s top family law firms.
We are in the business of perfecting the art of practicing law. Our unique approach to litigation, client relationships, and business management is fully encapsulated in what we call The Perfect Client Lifecycle. This ethos is the philosophical foundation of what we strive to do as well as the operational roadmap that guides how we practice law daily.
We are rapidly expanding our footprint. Our success over previous years has created an unprecedented opportunity to grow our firm in terms of employees, clients served, and geographic inﬂuence. We are in the midst of a multi-year, multi-state, and multi-city growth plan. Talent will be the fuel that powers this rapid expansion across the region as we launch multiple new offices over the coming years.
We are Entrepreneurial Litigators. Our experienced leadership team, a talented workforce of legal professionals, and our unique approach to the business of law have established our reputation as a best-in-class family, civil, and criminal litigation firm. This is where litigators learn to be litigators.
We compete for talent! We know the talent we are seeking to hire have options and are discerning about where they choose to work. We strive to be the employer of choice for top talent in the family, civil and criminal arenas. Our approach to attracting the best lawyers and supporting staﬀ is simple: Provide a strongly competitive compensation package, and pair it with a benefits package to take care of your health and retirement needs. We also offer accelerated advancement and development opportunities all while providing you with a network of support to do your best work and achieve your career goals.
We are excited to announce the opening of a new office in Fairfax, VA, and are seeking a dynamic and experienced Paralegal/Office Manager to play a pivotal role in launching and overseeing the operations of this office.
The Paralegal/Office Manager will function as primary support for our team of attorneys, manage the day-to-day operations of the office, and serve as the point person across multiple areas. This role is suited for the person who considers themselves highly reliable, ambitious, personable, and ready to take initiative.
This will be a key figure in our growth, overseeing various administrative, HR, and IT-related tasks to support our attorneys and staff in delivering high-quality legal services. The successful candidate will not only be a part of building up from the ground ﬂoor but will evolve into a more strategic role as a senior-level leader with our expansion team.
Our everyday assignments are equally challenging, varied, and rewarding. Expect a week to include tasks such as:
Legal Team Support
- Interacting with clients to gather information, provide updates on case progress, and maintain excellent client relations
- Conducting legal research and analysis on family law issues, statutes, and case precedents to support attorneys in case strategy and preparation
- Drafting, reviewing, and organizing legal documents, including pleadings, motions, affidavits, and financial disclosures
- Assisting with the discovery process, including document requests, interrogatories, and deposition preparation
- Billing a minimum of 23 hours/week
Office Operations Management:
- Overseeing day-to-day office operations, including facility management, supplies procurement, and vendor relationships
- Organizing meetings, events, and travel arrangements
- Managing a variety of vendor services for the office
Communication and Correspondence:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the Fairfax office
- General bookkeeping, including invoices and accounts payable/receivable
- Troubleshooting basic IT issues and escalating to the IT department when necessary
At our firm, we measure character along with credentials. But for you to contribute immediately to this role; your experience should include:
- Paralegal experience, family or criminal law background
- Achievements in office management or executive assistant role, law firm experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience overseeing administrative aspects of an office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Software & IT skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable, with a professional demeanor regarding handling confidential matters
We understand that the market is competitive. We compete for talent, and we want candidates to see us as the destination of choice based on our value proposition of compensation, resources, and beneﬁts.
- The targeted salary range for this role is $70,000-$90,000/annually (commensurate with experience)
- Potential to earn an annual bonus in addition to base salary
- A dedicated staﬀ in our main office, able to quickly assist with any questions
- Ongoing training and development in professional areas to include licensing and certifications
- Full medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans including an HSA option
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for individual employees
- 401K retirement plan with employer Profit Sharing contribution
- 2 weeks PTO and sick time, with the ability to roll over unused PTO from year to year
- Perks including gym membership rebate, monthly happy hours, and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reﬂect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws).